Saturday, June 27, 2009

Alaskan Train


TRAIN! DAY OFF! After being here 9 days, I got my first day off.  We went to the train depot.  And here is the incoming train from Anchorage to Denali.  We got to snap this photo, which I love.  For those who don't know, I love trains.  For a summer job in Virginia I took a train from Portland, OR to Richmond, VA.  77 hours 3 days, 3,000 miles.  
As the train passed we were up further in the woods prior to the station.  We waved to the passengers and they all wave enthusiastically while getting out of there seats.  I guess after their 8 hour ride we were the only wildlife!  It was fun.  

2 comments:

  1. I am SO GLAD you got this up and are posting! We loving seeing everything! I can't believe how light it is!! What did you think of Transformers? Will was a little dissappointed....
    I LOVE THIS SONG by Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the movie was scandalis. I didn't like it.

    This song by Michael is great. Thanks for keeping in touch. I am enjoying keeping this up. I have to walk a quarter mile to get to a location to get internet, to upload each photo at 2 minute plus each. I found to write simultaneously as it loads. Im learning how to order the pics to correlate with how I want thme to display. Im enjoying doing this

    ReplyDelete